Thursday, December 27, 2007

And we're off!

Hi friends! I only have a minute or two, but I finally got internet access for the first time in quite a while, and I wanted to send out a quick hello before I leave for my outreach tonight! I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas celebration with your family and friends - truly embracing the joy of this season of the Birth of our Savior! I had a VERY different experience here in Argentina, but loved every minute of it! God blessed me with a beautiful family and church here to share the holidays with, and I couldn't be more thankful for His constant Provision. And speaking of provision - thank you all SO incredibly much for your amazing generosity in your gifts of support for my outreach! I was SO blessed, and would not be where I am today (or where I'll be heading tonight) without your faithfulness and selflessness!
As our team departs for the next 2 months, please pray - first and foremost - for UNITY! If we are not united as a team, our ministry will be totally void and pointless. Pray for humble, teachable spirits as we students work and travel together, and that we would really just pour ourselves out as servants. We want to truly be disciples of Christ to the people we encounter, and act in a way that demonstrates that in EVERY area of our lives! Please also keep our safety and HEALTH in your prayers! We are SO excited to immerse ourselves in South America and begin serving and loving the people God has called us to! What a privilege!!

Alright - I must go finish packing and prepare for our trip (we leave at midnight). LOVE TO YOU ALL, and if I end up not having internet access - know that I am thinking of you all every day and constantly praying for your lives! Thank you for sharing in mine! May God be glorified immensely on this next adventure!

His humble servant.
Katie

1 comment:

Laura B. said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Katie, and that this next part of your adventure is amazing. I am so glad you got enough support to be able to continue...Adam and I hope to be able to help you next time!~
Much love, Laurie